HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Three Hannahs and a T-Bird

I know a lot of people named Hannah.

That's not really surprising, Hannah isn't a particularly uncommon name. Most people know a Hannah. Most Hannahs know a Hannah.

But relatively speaking, I know quite a few people named Hannah. I'm only going to talk about three though.

I'm not going to bother with last names, heck, I haven't even mentioned my name on this blog so we'll just stick with Hannah.

In elementary school I knew a girl named Hannah.

She was extremely tall for her age. I think she played basketball too. For all purposes let's call her Big Hannah.

But Big Hannah wasn't really all that great at making friends. Most people didn't really hang out with her that much. At the moment, I can't remember why. But odds are she was annoying.

I'm not saying Big Hannah and I were best friends. We weren't even friends. I was nice to her when she talked to me, and she was...herself. When I left my regular school system to go to a special 5th grade, ended up changing my educational track for good.

I haven't seen her since.

I saw Hannah O yesterday. I saw her for the first time in months the day before that.

Hannah O is a volunteer at WOW with me. She also went to that special fifth grade I talked about, but she went the year after I did. Being from the first crop of volunteers is hard, most of the friends you made at the start are gone. Not to mention everyone is younger than you.

Thankfully there are always some good kids. I met Hannah O during a summer when I had a lot of freetime. We started an easy friendship and always managed to balance a good amount of work and fun. One day during a camp we made up a ridiculous dance routine for the kids. They didn't appreciate as much as we did, but it was still fun.

At one point her iPhone pass code was SWAG. I have yet to see if this is still the case.

Anyways, I got busy. Between swimming and plays I didn't have much time to volunteer during the school year. I forgot about Hannah O.

Monday I walked back into the animal room. I wasn't particularly excited about work, I had done a few programs last week and had found no one to really talk to.

Now, I should say no one was all that excited to see me either. I got a few "I haven't seen you in awhile"s and "Nice to  see you" comments. But I mean nobody was thrilled. Which is reasonable, since most were from the forth or fifth crop and didn't know me anyways.

But when I walked back into the animal room Monday, Hannah O was more than happy to see me.

And I was more than happy to see her. We hung around all that day, as well as the next.

I don't know if I'll be working much this school year, but if I am, I hope it's with Hannah O.

If there is one person I am going to be glad to see come school next week it's Hannah. (This Hannah doesn't need nicknames because she's Hannah. That's all there is to it)

I'll be glad to see a lot of people. But Hannah is going to be the person I resist tackling on the first day back.

Hannah and I met in drama.

You know how every time you enter a new group there is always one or two people you want to get to know? Hannah was that person. Lucky for me it was mutual. Pretty soon Hannah, Sasha*, and I became convinced we were actually the same person. At semester we all moved up to drama two together. We rocked the IMPROV club. We were unstoppable. Well until puppets anyways but I won't go there.

Hannah is one of the few people in this world I am capable of texting back in a timely matter. Hannah might even say I am a little too capable. (One time I walked away from Hannah and started texting as I walked away.)

Hannah may or may not be developing a biological need for wintergreen mints. This may or may not be my fault. She might also be in constant need of a back scratch. This is probably my fault.

One time Hannah fell asleep on me. Despite this she will not let me sleep on her, I figure it's gonna happen anyways.

Hannah also ties my shoes for me which is nice because I like making people tie my shoes.

I like Hannah.

In fact the more I think about things to say about Hannah the more I realize I will probably accidentally tackle hug her.

There you have it. The Hannah I never knew, The Hannah I almost forgot, and The Hannah I can't wait to see again.

*You guys know Sasha. I'm positive I've mentioned her a few times...

1 comment:

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????