HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Impressions Are Everything*

The first line of a story can be the difference between buying it or putting it back on the shelf. Here is a list of what I think are the most awesome first lines.

10. Carol enjoyed playing practical jokes.**
9. I can't take it anymore!
8. If only I had taken out the trash the first time
7. I hit the ground. Hard.
6. How many different names could there possibly be for a mental ward!?***
5. "Did you just say Jesus set you on fire?"****
4. It's not like murder was what I originally planned, that part just sort of...happened
3. I hate radio shows
2. Funny how it's never that simple when you're standing on the edge of the cliff
1. There was no doubt about it, the bird was following me.

*I almost accidentally posted this as First Impressions Ate Everything
**This is kind of a joke but it was something that popped up in a random first line generator
***As far as my knowledge goes 36 but that's a different blog post
****My friend once thought I said this what I really said was "Jesus! He set me on fire!" I was playing a video game...

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I needed to read something funny this morning, and that did it.

    ~Mystery~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good ones, especially #10. Another favorite of mine is "Margle threw the bag to the floor and burst into tears."

    ReplyDelete

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????