HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Earth Only Rises

I've got a post for you! Tragically, it's a bit scattered. SOOOOOORRRRRY.

So I am an active Tumblr user. I post. I reblog. I track tags.

One of my tracked tags just happens to be Marble Hornets.

Last night, the MH fandom was freaking out because of two anons sending messages to everyone.
One was whimsical and fun (tothedentist) and the other was ominous. (gamesgamesgames222222)

By the time I was caught up on what in the world had happened to the tag, tothedentist had revealed his identity.

The fandom had a good laugh about it, after all, it was just a big joke.

games was still posting however. And unlike the dentist, he was only targeting one person in particular.
Enter tumblr user, madeofsquirrels.

games claimed to be her protector. But his posts were vague, creepy, and down right unsettling.

I come along this. I'll admit I have a tendency to cling to these sort of things. Something interesting is happening, I want a part of it.

So I sent games a message. The blog title was theother and so I just made a few connections and BAM. games has a better nickname

theother. totheother. totheotter. otter.

Otter replied with,

i sense good things
in you

I took this as my invitation to go on.

Now the vague nature of Otter's posts reminded me of Anaz. So I decided to bring that in. No longer was I cheerful parkitcharlie, no, I decided I was the creature of the night.

My next question bordered less on the silly and more on the 'here let me creeper stalk with you'

we can be for good or evil. pick your side.

Otter replied with

why not both?

At this point, Otter closed his inbox. I figure he had been getting flooded with asks. Mostly people worrying about squirrel's safety.

I took this time to make this: http://anazthecliff.tumblr.com/

At this point I was a part of it. I made a quick post regarding the otter from anaz to show I was around. The otter opened back up his inbox and I sent him this.

you opened back up your gates. i introduced my own. the difference between us is a cliff dear otter.

The reply?

clever duckling

I joined in with the vague posts. I tagged madeofsquirrels in a few post. It's all on the blog if you decide to look.

In time, Otter and I had group of people trying to figure out our intent. One in particular, researcherteague sat down and did...well...research!

About 10 hours after it began, The Otter ended it.

They revealed themselves to be tumblr user CheckAgain.

People were surprised. Madeofsquirrels said that she was in on it, but not at first.

This 10 hour stretch has been my first real fandom experience with Marble Hornets.

I think the best part was after when I contacted madeofsquirrels and they said that Anaz freaked them out the most. Perfectly reasonable since I just tacked myself onto the joke.

We all agreed that some day in the future we should start a new slenderman series based off tumblr.

The name?

The Earth Only Rises, after games first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????