HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Entire Week of Fun Smooshed into One Post

I'm back!

Currently I'm laying comfortably on my bed with my laptop stretching my legs.

I suppose it's time I reveal the 'big' secret...I was in...

COLORADO! Durango to be exact.

Boy was that an adventure and a half.

When we arrived at the cabin, home base for the week, I was assaulted with a slow-motion reunion hug by my cousins,* Anna and Julia. This I expected, since they are my favorite cousins and that's just what we do.

They were watching for me on the balcony


I checked out the place. Of course Anna, Julia and I got the basement. That could probably be considered our natural habitat as once we go downstairs we usually aren't seen again till it's time to eat. In our room downstairs we had a large wardrobe. I opened it out of curiosity and then after staring into it I did the logical thing and climbed inside.

No Narnia. But the fact that we could sit inside it would come into play later on.

Another important discovery was found inside a bin of toys.

Google images is my friend

This rug.

Okay. There were no pucks or whatever else goes with shuffleboard in the bin. So we just kinda stared at it for awhile, after some creative logic we spread it out on the floor and started dancing.

It says 'Shuffle Zone'

What else were we supposed to do???

Then we hung up a sign saying it was required by law to shuffle in the shuffle zone. The rug was placed at the bottom of the stairs and left there for the rest of the trip.

We spent the evening catching up and playing I Spy Spooky Mansion Deluxe.
And Still Pond

And then mashing the two together.**

That night we ate in.

The next day was spent talking, playing with legos, and watching Disney Movies. We also watched Barbie: Life in The Dreamhouse.


Surprisingly funny...

We ate out that night.
There were a few notable moments at dinner.

Julia's Soda Confusion.
When the guy came back to refill Julia's glass of Dr. Pepper this happened

Waiter: What do you have in here?
Julia: *looks at empty cup* Uhhhh...ice?
Waiter: Just ice?
Julia: OH! No! Dr. Pepper!

The next key moment happened instantly after. I had gotten root beer (which came in a bottle and therefore with a glass of ice to pour it in.)

Waiter: *points to glass of ice* You just have water in here?
Me: Uhhhhhh...sure

The final interesting moment happened at dessert.

I was reading the menu and instead of reading what it said, which was

Featured Flavor from The Durango Creamery

I read

Featured Flavor from The Durango Cemetery

We then ordered it like that, much too the confusion of our waiter.
The featured flavor was vanilla with bits of kit kat by the way...

The next day we attempted to scare Karen, but the family was out Jeeping so they didn't get back soon enough.

The most important part of this day though, was Marble Hornets.

We watched all 63 videos of the webseries with times ranging from 30 seconds to 15 minutes. It's an expertly done webshow. Perfect balance of mystery and horror.



We took a break around Entry 58 and went downtown.
We walked up and down whatever street it was we parked on. I bought the third book of the Mysterious Benedict Society. It started raining and we went home.


The next day we made our movie, something that we do every time we meet. We also scared Karen by jumping out of the wardrobe from earlier. We were paranoid for most of that day due to Marble Hornets. Lunch (leftovers from the second night) had accidentally been frozen into a solid block that took about half an hour to de-freeze.

Thursday was Mesa Verde day. Which was kind of cool due to the fact it was the Anasazi cliff dwellings and well...Anaz...

I got a book at the place we stopped for breakfast, Plato and a Platypus walked into a Bar.

A philosophy book, which only now I see the irony in.

Before the tour we saw a bus with the tag line "Goin' Places with Smilin' Faces" which Karen made the official phrase of Anna, Julia, and I.



We ended up taking the Balcony House tour. Highlights of the tour included a thirty foot ladder and a twelve foot tunnel.

We premiered our movie that night.

Friday was our last full day, and the one that had the most events.

We were forced on a hike up to mushroom rock.

Which in all honesty was climbing up a mountain.


Yes that tiny house was where we started.
When we got back I convinced Karen to watch Marble Hornets. She watched Entry #1 and then we decided to move downstairs.

Unfortunately our doors had randomly locked and it took about thirty minutes for us to get in.** We had about twenty minutes to celebrate our room access before we left and went into town again. We checked out the Toy Store and bought tiny animals and bells. While we were looking about the (overpriced) candy shop, Karen decided she needed to use the restroom.

So we headed over to the Information Center. The second we walked inside I exclaimed in excitement that the benches looked cool. While Karen took care of business we sat down and rang our bells for a little bit before we were called over by the people at the front desk.

Apparently they wanted us to be the first to draw on their new chalkboard. She handed us some sidewalk chalk and told us to draw things we loved about Durango.


Karen freaked out a bit when she finished her "seated activity"*** but calmed down once we explained why.

When we left I told Anna and Julia that they probably had decided we would be the perfect ones to start the wall from the second I shouted "LOOK AT THE BENCHES!"

We came back to home base and hung out for a bit before going back for dinner.

At dinner, my cousins and I sang ALL of Winter Wrap up, joked about our trip, and confused the heck out of yet another waiter.

Julia: Do you have root beer?
Waiter: Yes we do.
Julia: In that case I'd like a Dr. Pepper.

After dinner we headed back to the house and stayed up until 2am.

Saturday morning we packed up and left (I also had been retweeted by @radiomadison so woot!)

Finally I'm home and ready to slide back into a lifestyle of doing nothing.

I'll also be getting back to regular posts

Hopefully they won't all be this long. (:



*The cousins that built the legos that the OTHER cousins destroyed in EVERY. FREAKING. YEAR
** "A black picture frame!" "Fell on a still pond."
***The sign that hung above the toilets at our house informed us they were 'low flow' and so we might want to consider flushing twice during our seated activity to avoid clogs. It was a running joke through the week.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best weeks of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When was feeling particularly nostalgic, I used to reread this blog post. Sometimes I still do...

    ReplyDelete

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????