HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Powerpuff, Parakeets, and Parkitcharlie

Two of the things mentioned in the title are related. Can you guess which ones?

If you guessed Parakeets and Parkitcharlie YOU'D BE CORRECT!

But I want to save that story for the end, so let's turn to Powerpuff.

In the post Questions: The Return, I  mentioned I had a terrible break-up with the vacuum.

I wasn't joking.

There was a short time when I wanted nothing to do with the vacuum cleaner.

The events leading up to the messy split were anticlimactic. I was vacuuming my room per usual. Back and forth. Back and forth. But then we hit a bump in our relationship.

It was probably all for the best. We had nothing in common really, he liked a clean house, I hated cleaning. He was full of hot air, I wasn't. He had to be plugged in to be turned on...
But that day when we were cleaning we hit a snag.

Literally.

He sucked up the corner of my beloved Powerpuff Girls blanket. It had been hanging off my bed and he just snatched on.

I was startled. I turned him off instantly and ripped my blanket out of his jaws.

I was done with him from that moment on. He knew what that blanket meant to me...

Of course, that lasted for as long as it took for my mother to tell me to clean again. Which I did, but there was no fondness in my action anymore.

Since then we've gotten a newer, nicer, vacuum. We're cool.


And now for the other two

But I will try to give you the sparknotes version.

I have a green parakeet, his name is Charlie.

Around the time I got him, I decided to get an email account that I could remember. I liked the name Charlie and my bird so I decide that Charlie should be a part of it.

But charlie@blablablabla.bla is boring!

It need a kick

So I thought about how funny it would be if someone named Charlie had the last name Parkit.

Park the car! Parkit Charlie!

Thus, parkitcharlie.

Years later I used the name in a short story called "I, Don't Care" (got an honorable mention in the lad fair) giving birth to the character that I would use later in what the loyal readers know to be as CPRB.

From there I've used parkitcharlie as my username for pretty much anything and everything.

Really. Google it. I'm everywhere.

And that, is the post for today!

Comments are welcome! Bring your friends!

2 comments:

  1. I googled it. You ARE everywhere. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you google parkitcharlie, the first three pages and a few entries at the top are directly things about you, then there's some "soandso reblogged parkitcharlie."

    ReplyDelete

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????