HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stuff, Bags, and Gender Profiling

Today I bought myself a nice new wallet. I needed to retire my Warehouse 13 one and it seemed like a good day to get something new.

When I showed the wallet to my dad, explaining how I had to go to the men's section at Target as none of the "women's" wallets fit in my pocket, he brought up a decent point.

"It's because you don't have a purse."

It was true. I didn't. Or don't I guess...blagh grammar.

The comment had me thinking about what I would do in the event I needed a bag to carry things about in.

Here are the options:

Purse

Backpack

Messenger Bag

Purse is the obvious choice.

One tiny problem.

I don't like purses.

They're stupid! They all are trying to look like an accessory instead of what they really are, a bag. They are all weird looking under people's arms and seem awkward to carry about all the time.

Backpacks don't try to disguise their purpose. They hold your stuff and they focus on that. Pockets, compartments, zippers galore.
I love backpacks. To be honest, I would totally wear a backpack if it didn't look like I might be carrying a bomb everywhere I go.

Which leaves dear messenger bag. This is more me. Enough room for a laptop (suck on THAT purse) and all my stuff.

But what about makeup Thunderbird? Where does that go?

If you actually thought that I need to carry more than my phone, iPod, keys, and wallet...I laugh in your face.

Seriously.

In

Your

Face

HA

Really though.

Anyways, after I went through this thought process I decided I probably do need at least a laptop bag. I decided I'll get a blank one, draw a design, scan said design, and iron it on. Per Son Ill Eyes...Duh.

But all this stuff had me a thinking some more.

While I was at Target, I wanted to check out the MLP:FiM mech. I knew of course I needed to find a pink aisle and move on from there.*

But why?

Why do I have to go into an all pink paradise? Why is it filled with just dolls?

Better question: Why do I see that just a short walk away is a colorful aisle filled with action figures and cars and superheroes?

I have to say this little lady put it best


Why DO girls have to buy pink stuff and all the boys get the different color stuff?

Why DO I have to go to the men's side to have a wallet that isn't six inches long?

Why DO birds suddenly appear?

Maybe one day humans will have that all figured out, but for now you'll find me wandering through whatever color aisle I fraking feel like being in.



*This whole next part amuses me because most MLP:FiM fans are male. Brony!

2 comments:

  1. You also said MLP: FiM mech, not merch. I find myself with a disturbing mental image of a giant robo-Twilight shooting lasers...

    ReplyDelete

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????