HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Changing*

When I was just a wee little lassie, I found going to the store to be a long boring experience.

I still do.

But I went for pretty much the same reasons I go now. STUFF.

Let's face it, the majority of the world loves STUFF. Useful stuff, crappy stuff, expensive stuff. Stuff stuff stuff STUFF. We like to stuff stuff full of stuff, so to speak.

But when I was a short and adorable I had one thing on my mind as we approached check-out.

Disney Adventures**.

I'm not sure if any of you remember or have even heard of Disney Adventures magazine. I do. It was awesome. I happened across it one time and begged for somebody to buy it for me. It proceeded to keep me company for the rest of the time I had it, heck I still have every copy I ever got.

Disney Adventures was basically the Entertainment Weekly of kids and teens. And it had comics and puzzles and articles. I just loved it.

Every time we went to the store I looked for the tiny magazine. I searched every time for four years. I didn't find it often. In that four year span before I discovered it had been discontinued I only collected six. But man did I love my Disney Adventures.

Nowadays I look for different things. Cinnamon Altoids. Wintergreen Tic Tacs. A My Little Pony coloring book. Cow Tails.

I guess maybe I haven't really changed as much as I thought. I'm okay with that. In fact, I think I'm going to go make a blanket fort and read Disney Adventures.




*I decided to revert a bit back to my song titles-post titles. Changing by The Airborn Toxic Event
**The other big thing I miss is a Wonder Ball. Google it. You'll see why. Those things where awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????