HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Social Skills? Who needs 'em!

It has occurred to me that pretty much all of my online friends began with a single comment I would of never made IRL.

Sometimes the start was awkward. Like with my dearly interwed Dunhamnator.

I left this review on her story

I hate you.

Okay well that's not fair. I don't hate you. I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant though.

Amazing.

Huh...six months ago if you would of told me I would be calling Jori pairings amazing I would have laughed you out of town.

But hey, here we are. Me telling you that you just killed me inside and you...well...reading it.

So...you apologized. Wow...our first fight.

Did I just type that? Looking back it looks weird...really weird. I feel creepy now.

I'm sorry...for being creepy.

I should stop typing now.
 
Surprisingly she replied with quite simply
 
Let me love you
 
We've been in touch ever since.
 
Or maybe that's just a crazy random happenstance you say?
 
Alright. Tumblr. flockofsiegels.
 
I happen across the blog and I read "I like puns related to my name"
Well I like puns.
 
I left a series of messages with as many puns as I could think of for Brooke, ending with Brooke-back Mountain.
 
She replied to the last one saying it is the best one she's heard yet, now it's the title of her blog.
 
We follow each other and have regular conversations.
 
Still not believing me?
 
playingtragic: Obsessed fan message. Now we keep in touch and I help her with writer's block
 
 anteredono: joined forces to take over the world. Now we chat*
 
 pmaziggy: same as anteredono
 
 Sax freaking Carr: Fell asleep, woke up to his podcast, got scared and made a flipping facebook post about it! Now I'm the superfan and we'd do anything to help the other out.
 
You have to face it, the Internets aren't normal.
The people who live on it's tangled web aren't normal.
 
A creepy comment isn't always creepy online. It's charming.
Someone who is odd and talks to themselves in a review isn't a reason to call the nut police, it's a reason why you like their reviews.
 
This is why older generations fear for the new ones. They blame our horrid actions on social media.
 
I can't blame them.
It certainly helped.
But I don't think all of us are that bad.
 
Those mentioned above, and many others like Mystery and Blake T**, I find your quirks to be just that.
Quirky.
I like that someone can laugh at my weak joke. That despite my creepy review she saw I meant no harm.
 
Maybe my first guess was wrong, perhaps the Internet hasn't warped these people's minds into something worse, but something better. Maybe there is a point in spending your days surfing through the world wide web.
 
Maybe we're all better off.
 
 
 
*Chats about pirates perhaps...*hint hint read this http://specificness.blogspot.com/search/label/pirates*
**Blake has been following since like my first week on twitter and I have no clue why. I guess I'm funny and charming...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????