HEEEY YOU!!

HEY YOU!

Yes you. I have to tell you something REALLY important!

Okay, are you listening?

If you like my blog PLEASE let me know and PLEASE spread the word!You can comment, follow, tell your friends, strangers, tweet about it, link it in your Facebook profile, make flyers and pass them out, write the url in the sky with a plane, change your friends' homepages to it, have it tattooed on your face, send out a mass text, write a letter to your local congress, eat your vegetables, make a tribute band, start a chain letter, spray paint it on a building, spell it out with alpha-bits, use your wits to build a machine and brainwash the general public, make a trendy internet video, whisper it in a horse's ear, brand it on a cow, enslave the human race, make it your bible, tell it on the mountain, start a fan club, respect your elders, do a flash mob, call random numbers to tell them about it, make a piece of art using only posts from this blog, tweet it again, start a webcomic, make a board game, post it on reddit, signal boost on tumblr, make a t-shirt, start a cult, make a crappy flash game, write a book with an extremely similar situation, call your in-laws, spread it on the grapevine, stitch it in a baby's blanket, tell your kids, tell a little birdy, you know whatever!

Just please let me know!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Keys

If you thought this would be a post about how I am constantly forgetting my house key, think again.

I have a story for you all, a real one that actually happened to me unlike all those stories I said yesterday.*

I have this necklace.




I wear it every single day. The only time I take it off is to shower or swim. Sometimes afterwards I'll forget to put it back on and I'll freak out a little when I notice it's gone.

Essentially, I'm really attached to the thing.

Because I am always wearing it, I've had a lot of people ask me:

What are those keys to?
Why are you wearing them?
What does it mean?

Since I'm being honest here, if you want to be literal, the keys went to a pair of toy handcuffs I had that broke. I put them on a string, which later evolved into a chain, which broke so I had to get another chain.
Now if you want to hear what I tell everyone that asks, they are the keys to my soul. Which is a rather poetic way of not answering your question. Not that that answer is wrong, just misleading.

The other two questions are much harder to just answer in a simple conversation as they require a backstory, so I would just not answer.

So let's start at the beginning. I warn you that my life is a huge web of connected events, so depending on how well you know me...this may blow your mind.

On August 27, 2010 I watched my eighth episode of Eureka. How do I know the exact date you ask? It's called Wikipedia. It is also worth mentioning I had only seen three episodes of Warehouse 13 at the time.

Anyways in the episode several people have "hallucinations" this is the cause of several gags and also emotional turmoil for some. That night I went to bed thinking of the gold mine that would come from a character seeing something that wasn't real, this was the night I created Allison and Neil. Soon they would be tagged on to Charlie Parkit, but for now they were content with bugging me. (As most of the characters I create are.)

That night I had other things on my mind too, school was rapidly approaching and for the first time in...ever, I was invested in fictional character's lives. I knew that I needed something to remind me of them.

I looked at my possibilities and eventually decided on the keys. From that moment of they would be Allison and Neil. Heck, I can even tell you which one is which.

I started wearing the necklace everyday to remind me of my shows, of my creative side. I told people they were the keys to my soul because...they kind of were. My creative one anyways.

Eleven days later I'd write the first Charlie Parkit story and low and behold the keys would show up there.

So that is that. The real story behind my keys.

Oh, also one time someone asked if they could borrow them for the weekend. That was interesting.

"You want to borrow the keys to my soul?"

"Just for the weekend!"

"No!"

Ah friends...






*The one about the frozen pizza was true actually...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you doing what I think you're doing? No? Just scrolling past?

I guess that's cool too.

It would be great if you like...commented though. It means a lot.

Just a quick hello or something, PLEASE????